12 Main Points of Christianity and Hitler
As a Christian, I feel I should write something about misguided attempts to link Hitler, one of the vilest men who ever lived, with Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God.
To substantiate the assertion that the cruelty and lies of Adolf Hitler derived not from the bible, but from disobedience to the bible, this website will briefly examine the following twelve basic observations:
- Hitler’s assembled religious quotations and statements omit essential Christian doctrines.
- Many (though not all) of Hitler’s religious comments were politically motivated, insincere, and often blatantly dishonest.
- Mere references to God, Providence, the Lord, and so on do not constitute Christianity. Hitler also made references to “gods” and “goddesses,” proving either that he was a polytheist, or that his religious rhetoric was not always illustrative of his sincere beliefs.
- Hitler’s policy toward the churches after coming to power was not one of respect, sympathy, and mutual belief.
- Hitler’s life and actions were blatantly contrary to the teachings of Christ and apostles.
- Hitler’s intellectual antecedents are clearly visible in such 19th-century German writers as Haeckel, Wagner, and Nietzsche, all of whom expressly rejected Christianity. The anti-Christian German volkish movement, not the bible, contains essential ingredients of the Holocaust.
- Christians supported Hitler.
- Martin Luther’s relationship to Hitler and Naziism is continually misrepresented by those who have no sympathy for or understanding of the principles of the Reformation.
- The Nazi Party Platform’s support of “positive” Christianity was a carefully calculated political tactic devoid of any biblical principle. Other parts of the Platform were merely propaganda and Hitler made no attempt to carry them out after coming to power.
- Was Hitler a good Catholic?
- Contrary to popular belief, Wilhelmine, Weimar, and National Socialist Germany was not a deeply Christian country.
- Assertions that Christianity is inherently antisemitic reveal an ignorance of scripture.